sure your family is provided for in the future can give you real peace of mind. Our specialist lawyers give expert advice to ensure you pass on all of the wealth – and none of the headaches – to your loved ones.
> Our lawyers
> Our experience
> Our clients
> What our clients and others say about us
> Legal resources you may find useful
Helping you provide for your family’s future
The complexities surrounding estates and probate can leave your loved ones with a lot to deal with at an already difficult time, so a well drawn up will is the best way to make sure you look after your family after you’ve gone.
Our specialist solicitors will guide you through the complexities of making the right will for your family’s circumstances. For example, you might want to include a trust in your will to protect someone young or vulnerable.
The preparation of your will also provides an opportunity to review your financial affairs and take steps to reduce the impact of inheritance tax on your estate.
It is equally important that your executors and trustees get expert advice about administering your estate to ensure that:
- There are no unnecessary delays
- All reliefs and exemptions are claimed
- Arrangements to protect minors or vulnerable beneficiaries are carried out
- Other taxes such as capital gains and income tax are mitigated
- Any claims against the estate by creditors or disappointed beneficiaries are dealt with, and your wishes carried out.
- We offer 44 lawyers specialising in advising on wills, trusts and probate.
- Our national private tax team of 10 partners, 22 solicitors and 12 probate managers draw together the legal, accounting and taxation knowledge necessary to provide tailored solutions ensuring that your estate and succession plans are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- The majority of our solicitors in this area are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. Our team also includes members of the Institute of Chartered Tax Advisors, Probate Section of the Law Society, Solicitors for the Elderly and Country Land and Business Association.
We have been helping private clients for over 120 years and, as the only national private wealth legal team in the country, our extensive skills and experience are unsurpassed. This means we have the strength and expertise you need to help you solve problems innovatively and meet the challenges and complexities of modern day life.
> Back to top
Typically, the clients who come to us for advice on wills, trusts and probate are wealthy families and individuals, business people and landowners.
What our clients and others say about us
We are proud of the feedback we get from our clients, both directly and through interviews with the leading guides to the legal profession, Chambers UK and Legal 500. These are just a few examples of comments from clients about our lawyers:
- “A client states: ‘It is the best firm I have ever worked with: I can reach them when I ring them up, and there is never a delay.’” Chambers UK
- “’No other firm has the reputation, strength and quality’ to equal Mills & Reeve LLP.” Legal 500
- “‘They have a reputation, equal to the best in London,’ comments an interviewee.” Chambers UK
- “He remains a much-respected individual amongst his peer group and continues to be highly sought-after for his expertise on a wide array of wills, trusts and estates matters.” Chambers UK
- “[He is] expert at providing high net worth individuals with tax and trust advice. A market commentator states that [he] is "a brainbox filled with great ideas. He delivers solutions." Chambers UK
Legal resources you may find useful
> Back to top