What does the role involve?
Mills & Reeve has a strong belief that appropriate and innovative use of IT can significantly contribute to the success of the firm. In recognition of this, the firm's investment in its IT systems is considerable. The firm's in-house development team's primary role is to help ensure that the return on this investment is maximised by delivering bespoke IT solutions to business requirements.
This role will involve the ongoing support and development of the firm's major 3rd party applications (Thompson Reuters 3E and 3E MatterSphere). The development work will be performed in line with the firm's information architecture and will include integration with a variety of the firm's other information systems. This role represents an unique opportunity for the right individual to be part of an experienced development team and gain exposure to market-leading technologies.
Why should I apply?
The firm has been named for a record sixteenth year running as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in The Sunday Times' annual survey and is one of only a small number of organisations nationally to have achieved a listing for 16 years running, and the only UK law firm.
We have also achieved the much sought after Three Star Accreditation and been named as one of 100 Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For as a result of outstanding levels of staff engagement and the firm's commitment to creating a positive working environment for all employees.
What experience is required?
Given the challenges of this role, it is likely that your background and experience will include
- Proven experience of performing a similar role in a comparable environment.
- Is able to work both self-sufficient and as part of a team in designing and developing Windows based workflow applications.
- Demonstrable C# development experience and MS SQL
- Server experience A good understanding of development best practice
- A good appreciation of the wider field of IT outside own specialisation and understand how own role relates to other IT roles and areas of the business
The role additionally requires someone who:
- is self-managed and confident in setting and prioritising their own work agenda.
- has excellent written as well as verbal communication skills and so is able to demonstrate that they can convey complex matters in a way that different audiences can understand.
- is confident and able to build sustainable relationships with clients, lawyers and internal colleagues is
- organised and methodical in how they approach their work. has excellent attention to detail, is a team player and is willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
What else should I know?
Mills & Reeve is a major UK law firm renowned for its outstanding service to national and international clients, for its collaborative culture and for its deep sector expertise.
The firm has a strong sector focus with expertise in agriculture, charities, education, food and beverage, health, insurance, private wealth, real estate investment, sport and technology.
Clients include businesses - from PLCs to start-ups - high net worth individuals and landowners, more than 120 universities, colleges and education bodies and over 100 healthcare organisations.
Mills & Reeve is one of the top performing law firms in the UK when it comes to client satisfaction, according to the latest editions of Chambers UK and The Legal 500. The annual guides, which accumulate feedback from thousands of clients, place the firm in the top five law firms based on the number of top ranking practice areas.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity, as well as providing an inclusive and supportive working environment.
Return to the careers page of our website for further information about working for us.