Bids and Tender Professionals
Birmingham, Leeds or Manchester
Mills & Reeve is a highly reputable national law firm recognised for investing in its people. A number of recent panel appointments has seen an increase in tender activity. Therefore, the firm is looking for a number of bid and tender professionals from advisor through to manager on a permanent basis to join the established bid team, to help manage bid activity and help maintain the firm's high tender win rate.
What does the role involve?
Depending on the experience level and role, you will be responsible for the production of tenders across the firm ensuring bid best practice and providing practical support on all aspects the bid process. The role encompasses both managing the bid process and actually drafting the material, so skills in both areas are essential.
Within this specialist role, you will:
- project manage the bid process
- utilise the firm's bid automated system to create and produce content
- support the legal team through to presentation and debrief.
- liaise confidently with internal stakeholders, advising and guiding them through both private and public sector bids process.
- write, proofread, edit bids and tenders
The role involves strategic input to improve the bidding process and manage projects to drive best practice.
As a member of the bid team you will work across the entire range of sectors covered by this leading national law firm, producing business-winning tenders. You will interpret the requirements for bids, advise legal teams on approach, and prepare, coach and mentor them for presentations and pitches to clients. Other responsibilities strategic projects and input into the continuous development of systems and tender best practice.
You will be expected to manage your own workload but draw upon the support and guidance of the Head of Bids and assistance of the Senior Bid Advisers, Bid Advisers and Administrator. In addition, at various points of the tender process it is likely you will work with the Head of Client Care, Head of Business Development and various members of the Business Development Team.
Given this role, it is likely that your background and experience will include bids experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
The role additionally requires someone who has:
- At least 6 GCSEs (or equivalent) including C grade or above in English and Mathematics.
- Ideally a marketing qualification from the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Commercial acumen: understanding of our business and clients / prospective targets businesses and their industries.
- Client focus and the development of relevant ;sales' messages.
- Project management
- A proactive self-starter who is motivated to contribute on a strategic and operational level.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Delegation and communication skills
- Ability to draft in compelling, plain English style
- Research and analysis skills
- Balancing a demanding workload
- Ability to influence and persuade key stakeholders
- Confidence to talk to clients
We have a firm wide Business Services career structure and a published career progression framework. Within the firm wide career structure there are five career levels. Further information on the firm's Business Services career structure is available from the HR team.
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. The firm's standard benefits are detailed in the following link:
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm - they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Why not find out more about what it's like to work at Mills & Reeve by taking two minutes to watch our video?
Mills & Reeve is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that.
Mills & Reeve is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. Please click the link below to find further information regarding our diversity policy.
If you would like any more information about Mills & Reeve, you can visit our website by clicking on the following link: