Document Production Specialist
Executive Support Services
This will open an external site
Leeds, Full time, permanent
What does the role involve?
Document Production Specialist roles are based within the firm's wider Executive Support Services (ESS) team, which is responsible for supporting all areas of the business. The role reports to the relevant office's Executive Support Manager or Executive Support Team Leader and is responsible for creating, amending and finalising high quality documents using various IT packages. The core hours for the role are 10 am to 6 pm.
This role will primarily be based in the firm's Leeds office and forms an integral part of the Northern DPS team which supports both the Leeds and Manchester offices. It will involve working across all National Service Lines and will work alongside Executive Assistants and Administrative Assistants to provide outstanding client service to the lawyers within the Northern offices.
A typical day would be:
- Assessing, managing and prioritising own work flow
- Preparing initial drafts, amending and engrossing complex, lengthy documents
- Digital transcription, copy typing including documents, correspondence, emails, minutes, presentations, tenders
- Reformatting into house style
- Preparing document comparisons using bespoke packages
- Proof reading
Why should I apply?
The firm has been named for a record sixteenth year running as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in The Sunday Times' annual survey and is one of only a small number of organisations nationally to have achieved a listing for 16 years running, and the only UK law firm.
We have also achieved the much sought after Three Star Accreditation and been named as one of 100 Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For as a result of outstanding levels of staff engagement and the firm's commitment to creating a positive working environment for all employees.
What experience is required?
This is a busy and challenging role and to be successful your background will probably include:
- Experience in a similar role, such as a Document Assistant/Specialist or Legal Secretary
- Experience of working with complex documents on various IT packages
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word and good experience of Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
In additional, the role requires someone who:
- Has excellent presentational and attention to detail skills
- Provides outstanding client service at all times
- Has excellent planning and organisational skills
- Remains calm under pressure
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Has the ability to work as part of a team and with minimum supervision on own initiative, without assistance, and establishes good working relationships at all levels
- Is flexible and willing to work additional hours, on occasion
What else should I know?
Mills & Reeve is a major UK law firm renowned for its outstanding service to national and international clients, for its collaborative culture and for its deep sector expertise.
The firm has a strong sector focus with expertise in agriculture, charities, education, food and beverage, health, insurance, private wealth, real estate investment, sport and technology.
Clients include businesses - from PLCs to start-ups - high net worth individuals and landowners, more than 120 universities, colleges and education bodies and over 100 healthcare organisations.
Mills & Reeve is one of the top performing law firms in the UK when it comes to client satisfaction, according to the latest editions of Chambers UK and The Legal 500. The annual guides, which accumulate feedback from thousands of clients, place the firm in the top five law firms based on the number of top ranking practice areas.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity, as well as providing an inclusive and supportive working environment.
Return to the careers page of our website for further information about working for us.