What does the role involve?
We are looking for a Solicitor to join our Real Estate Team based in Leeds. You will provide a wide range of general and specialised commercial property advice which requires good knowledge of landlord and tenant work, options, pre-emptions and overage agreements, development agreements and leases, investment work and corporate support work.
Areas of work are:
- development work (excluding construction). Experience in the development of primary care centres and car homes would be helpful (but not essential).
- property investment portfolio acquisitions and disposals acting for both buyers and sellers
- advising private and institutional investors in relation to landlord and tenant issues
- general property management
- corporate support in connection with share and business acquisitions/disposals
- property related banking and finance support
- Corporates occupiers with multi-site holdings
- Property Investors, including family trusts, private office and global institutes
Why should I apply?
Mills & Reeve LLP has been listed as one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, for the last 16 years. We were winners of the firm of the year Roll on Friday Firm for 2019.
What experience is required?
You will be 4+ years PQE with real estate experience gained in a large regional or City law firm.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Good academics - 2.1 degree and good A levels or equivalents
- Excellent written English and ability to produce clear, logical drafting
- Negotiating skills
- Lateral thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm towards building and strengthening relationships with long established clients and advisors
- Flexibility to work with team members
- Effective time and matter management and a systematic approach to work
- Proactive team player
- IT literacy
- Good research skills
- An enthusiasm for marketing with clients and multipliers
Who would I be working with?
You will work with partner Simon Sherwood and his team. The team is part of the firm-wide
Real Estate National Service Line (“RE NSL”), which is headed up by Richard Hanson, and supported by a professional support lawyer. You will also work with other partners in the RE NSL on specific projects or as part of a wider client service team.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. The firm's standard benefits are detailed in the following link:
Mills & Reeve beenfits
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm - they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Why not find out more about what it's like to work at Mills & Reeve by taking two minutes to watch our video?
Working at Mills & Reeve
Mills & Reeve is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that.
Mills & Reeve is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. Please click the link below to find further information regarding our diversity policy.
Mills & Reeve diversity policy
If you would like any more information about Mills & Reeve, you can visit our website by clicking on the following link:
Mills & Reeve