making proper provision for your family, you can ensure that your loved ones will be secure and taken care of – whatever happens. Our team of expert lawyers will guide you through all of the issues involved.
> Our estate and succession planning lawyers
> Our experience
> Our clients
> What our clients and others say about us
> Legal resources you may find useful
Helping to protect your assets for the future
Planning for your family’s future is essential. We have extensive experience in all areas of estate and succession planning and can help you to make the most of your wealth for future generations.
We know how complex, confusing and emotional the issues involved can be. We will work hard to understand what is important to you and your family, and help you make the right decisions – devising the most appropriate strategy to suit your needs.
Succession planning involves more than making a will. We can also advise you on lifetime gifts, family trusts and shared business ownership, as well as any related tax issues such as inheritance tax, capital gains tax, income tax and stamp duty land tax.
Our estate and succession planning lawyers
- We offer 44 lawyers specialising in this area.
- The majority of our estate planning solicitors are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. Our team also includes members of The Institute of Chartered Tax Advisors, Probate Section of the Law Society, Solicitors for the Elderly and Country Land and Business Association.
We have considerable experience helping a wide range of clients with their estate planning and succession planning needs. A few recent examples include:
- Advising a farming family on the handover of assets to their children, while retaining adequate provisions for their own needs.
- Successfully negotiating the availability of relief from inheritance tax on valuable assets, including heritage property.
- Helping to establish a family investment company designed to the individual needs of the family, which will protect assets and at the same provide significant tax saving opportunities and advantages.
> Back to top
Typically, clients who come to us for this type of advice are wealthy families and individuals, business people and landowners.
What our clients and others say about us
Ensuring outstanding client service and earning good client feedback is very important to us. A few examples of what our clients say about our lawyers in the leading guides to the legal profession include:
- “A client states: ‘It is the best firm I have ever worked with: I can reach them when I ring them up, and there is never a delay.’” Chambers UK
- “This group is well-regarded for its wealth planning and asset protection advice, leading to an impressive volume of instructions from clients with substantial business interests or inherited wealth.” Legal 500
- “… he is particularly recommended for his adept work on the tax planning side.” Chambers UK
- “The practice is capable of handling complex estate matters, including those with cross-border elements. ‘They have a reputation, equal to the best in London,’ comments an interviewee.” Chambers UK
- “’She is very practical. Clients feel like she is batting on their side,’ a source says.” Chambers UK
- “[He] ‘combines great expertise with common sense and real commitment; he not only goes the extra mile, but the extra hundred miles’.” Legal 500
Legal resources you may find useful
> Back to top