As a result of the strong financial performance the firm announced a record all staff bonus pool of £2.6 million, meaning staff received between £2,327 and £2,676 depending on length of service*.
The strong financial results follow another successful year at the firm which has achieved several significant milestones and awards:
- Achieving platinum Investors in People status, something only 6% of more than 50,000 organisations in the UK attain.
- Celebrating 20 years in the UK 100 Best Companies to Work For list.
- Electing a new senior partner, Charles Staveley, who is taking over from Justin Ripman, who is stepping down from the role in September after two terms in office ahead of his retirement as a partner in 2024. Managing partner Claire Clarke has been elected to continue for a third term.
- Increasing our partners to 158, the highest number ever, driven by promoting 10 principal associates and eight lateral hires, further strengthening our position in the sectors and markets we operate in. A further five lateral hires have joined in the first two months of the new financial year.
- Rapidly expanding our new Oxford office, which opened in March 2022.
- Making good progress on our leader in client experience strategy, with 89% of clients happy to recommend us.
- Publishing the firm’s first sustainability report.
Commenting on the financial performance, Claire Clarke, Mills & Reeve managing partner, said: “We’re very pleased to have achieved 12% growth in the current economic climate. Our overall strategy to be a leader in the four key areas of client experience, people experience, innovation and the sectors and markets we operate in, has helped us achieve this.
“We consider it a crucial part of our culture to share the firm’s financial success with all our people. Everyone contributes to the growth of our business in different ways and our all staff bonus is a great way to recognise this.
“This has been a particularly successful year for the firm, and our bonus is a way of thanking everyone across the firm for their hard work towards achieving, and beating, our ambitious growth target. That we also managed to secure our first ever platinum Investors in People accreditation is a real testament to everyone helping to make the firm a place where people thrive and others want to join.”
Our content explained
Every piece of content we create is correct on the date it’s published but please don’t rely on it as legal advice. If you’d like to speak to us about your own legal requirements, please contact one of our expert lawyers.