From the beginning to the end of the IP lifecycle, we have advised on issues similar to the ones you face. Whether you need to understand the protection available, licence those rights to another business, stop infringement or understand the IP landscape you want to operate in, we can steer you on the right path.
Recent experience includes:
- Managing trade marks in 135 jurisdiction for IELTS Partnership (a partnership between the British Council, University of Cambridge Local Examinations and IELTS Australia).
- Enforcing Jaguar Land Rover's iconic Defender trade mark against Bombardier.
- Advising a multinational engineering business on allegations that it infringed a competitor's patent in the USA, carrying out prior art searches and devising a strategy for negotiations.
- Preventing the registration of trade marks, including the geographical indication "Basmati" for APEDA (part of the Indian government's Ministry of Commerce & Industry).
- Restructuring the IP holdings of a financial services group, moving all IP into two separate holding companies (one for traditional services and one for fintech) and putting in place suitable intra-group licences.