We have extensive experience in advising clients on the full range of planning and compulsory purchase order issues, from pre-application to implementation and beyond. In recent years, our planning lawyers have been involved in the promotion of over 20 new communities which will provide more than 55,000 new homes. Recent examples include:
- Advising Urban & Civic in promoting sites, including Rugby Radio Station and Alconbury Weald, where our innovative approach to structuring planning permission and s.106 liabilities resulted in us being named Planning Law Firm of the Year 2014.
- Acting on the promotion of Dunsfold Park, Surrey, where we assisted our client to secure permission following a call-in inquiry and helped defend that consent against third party challenges in the High Court.
- Successfully negotiating s.106 agreements for the MOD, securing the release of planning permission for the redevelopment of barracks (including at Deepcut) to provide up to 3,500 new homes and associated facilities.
- Devising a bespoke phased approach to s.106 obligations for the developer of Cb1, the mixed use development around Cambridge railway station, to aid marketing and inform the estate management strategy.
- Advising Marshall Group Properties Limited on Wing, a 1,300 unit urban extension to Cambridge