Our services include:
- Estate planning, including wills, trusts (both UK and offshore) and private tax advice
- Succession planning for businesses and related shareholder and partnership issues
- Family Investment Companies
- Complex landed estate and other property issues
- Agricultural law services
- Probate and court of protection applications
- Contentious trusts and probate
- Cohabitation agreements
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Divorce and complex finances advice
- International family law
- Disputes concerning arrangements for children
To set up the best structures and processes for you, we work closely with your other advisors, such as investment managers, family offices, independent financial advisors, tax advisers and accountants.
Some recent examples of our work include:
- Advising on the administration of the £130million estate of the founder of a nation-wide retail business who was living outside the UK.
- Intervening in the Supreme Court divorce case of Owens v Owens. This work directly led to a government consultation on “no fault” divorces and the very real prospect of reform.
- Establishing over 80 family investment and personal investment companies.
- Advising consortia on land pooling arrangements.
- Ensuring the largest family shareholders in a £400million company protected their continuing interest and involvement in the business.