Bringing a county court claim in Salford (or Northampton)

Since March 2012 if you want to issue a money claim in the County Court, it has to be issued in Salford (County Court Money Claims Centre ) (CCMCC), PO Box 527, Salford, M5 0BY.

There are a number of exceptions to this, in particular so far as readers of this blog are concerned, any claim which falls within the scope of the Technology and Construction Court does not have to be issued through CCMCC.

Yesterday the CCMCC told us how they were doing (apparently they are receiving approximately 1,800 new claims a day) and clarified certain issues that have arisen, two of the key ones being:

  • Limitation.  The CCMCC say that if you are bringing a claim you should allow enough time for the claim to reach them in Salford as the limitation clock will not stop running until it is date stamped by them.  In urgent cases, they suggest where there is less than 5 days before limitation expires, the claim (and fee) can be submitted to any county court who will date stamp it.
  • Despite the CCMCC being in Salford, the name of the court to be added to the claim form is Northampton County Court.



Our content explained

Every piece of content we create is correct on the date it’s published but please don’t rely on it as legal advice. If you’d like to speak to us about your own legal requirements, please contact one of our expert lawyers.

Posted by


Mills & Reeve Sites navigation
A tabbed collection of Mills & Reeve sites.
My Mills & Reeve navigation
Subscribe to, or manage your My Mills & Reeve account.
My M&R


Register for My M&R to stay up-to-date with legal news and events, create brochures and bookmark pages.

Existing clients

Log in to your client extranet for free matter information, know-how and documents.


Mills & Reeve system for employees.