What can Sian do for you?
Sian has 14 years’ experience of advising on employment law matters ranging from large-scale restructures and contractual changes to industrial disputes and complex Tribunal cases. Prior to joining the firm, Sian worked as an in-house employment lawyer and then as Head of HR for Strategic Projects at a Russell Group University.
Supporting your people strategy
Sian specialises in the education and research sector. Sian has experience and a particular interest in international work. Sian's recent work has included supporting organisations with:
- ensuring legal compliance for their increasingly global workforces.
- the staffing aspects of international partnerships and collaborations.
- largescale restructures and changes to terms and conditions including trade union consultation.
- grievances and sensitive disciplinary cases including involving safeguarding, funders and/or regulatory bodies.
- auditing and analysing the use of an hourly paid workers to reduce their reliance and developing a new framework for engagement.
- defending complex tribunal claims for discrimination, whistleblowing, TUPE.
- the revision of their contractual pay and reward structure to assist with global recruitment and retention challenges.
- simplification of employment policies and contracts to ensure that they were fit for purpose.
- development of a framework for staffing for a new international campus.
What do others say?
"Sian is a pleasure to work with- knowledgeable, experienced and pragmatic, with an excellent understanding of what works in practice."
What else should you know?
Sian has just completed her Chartered Institute for Personnel Development (CIPD) Level 7 qualification.
Between studying and working, Sian bakes, runs, drinks wine and tries to keep her two young children away from ipads (with varied success).