We have a proven process in place to manage our relationships with best friend firms to ensure our clients receive the outstanding service you expect from us. This means your advice will be consistent, tailored to you and the billing will be in a format that we have agreed with you in advance.
Examples of our successful international support to clients includes:
- Working with University of York in respect of its LLP joint venture with Kaplan to set up an international student centre on the University’s campus
- Advising De Montfort University on setting up campuses in Dubai and Uzbekistan
- Advising London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine on the transfer to it of two MRC research units in the Gambia and Uganda
- Supporting Manchester Metropolitan University on its academic collaboration with Zhongyuan University of Technology
- Acting for University of East London on establishing an overseas admissions office in Malaysia, including the secondment of UK based employees to Malaysia, and immigration issues
- Post 92 University on establishing a campus in India and how staff should be engaged
- Providing extensive support to universities in relation to the urgent recruitment of international academic staff
- Drafting global mobility clauses in employment contracts and secondment agreements for staff being seconded to an overseas campus
- Seeking urgent local immigration, tax and employment law advice for staff working from home overseas who were unable to return to the UK based institution during the pandemic
Please click here to catch-up on our bite-size webinars focusing on the higher education markets in India, the Middle East, South East Asia, the US, Germany and the Netherlands. Education experts from our best friend firms share their views on important key developments and issues, opportunities, regulatory matters, and other regional and cultural factors to consider in these jurisdictions.