What can Victoria do for you?
Victoria is an associate in the family and children team. Her work includes helping clients through a variety of family related matters including divorce, financial proceedings, children, separation agreements, pre and post nuptial agreements, non-molestation and occupation orders, cohabitation/TOLATA. Victoria is also involved in the firm's fertility practice, providing advice to both surrogates and intended parents throughout their surrogacy journey.
Victoria's work has included:
- Acting for intended parents in an application for a parental order following an international surrogacy arrangement.
- Advising a surrogate on the law around domestic surrogacy.
- Representing parents within contact proceedings where the other parent has been abusive and/or suffered from mental health issues and alcoholism.
- Advising parties in financial remedy proceedings involving family businesses, trust assets, extensive property portfolios and foreign assets.
- Acting for high net worth individuals to ring fence assets within marriage by way of pre and post nuptial agreements.
Supporting your ambitions
Victoria is a member of the firm’s internal working groups for Pensions and Children Law. She is also part of the internal Balance Network, supporting gender equality. In her spare time, she also volunteers for the Birmingham Free Legal Advice Group (FLAG), which provides pro bono (free) legal advice to those in the West Midlands. Victoria is also a member of the National Resolution Drafting Committee; a group of family law professionals dedicated to ensuring that orders, documents and agreements used within family law are clear and nationally consistent.
As a member of Resolution, Victoria aims to resolve matters in a collaborative way that considers the needs of the family as a whole. She provides practical advice to enable her clients to achieve their objectives in a proportionate and cost-efficient way. Although she aims to take a non-confrontational approach and settle cases outside of court where possible, Victoria appreciates that there will be times when litigation is necessary. She uses her experience and expertise to guide clients through the litigation process and is not afraid to fiercely defend their interests.
What else should you know?
Victoria is a keen dancer and baker. When not in the office, she tends to be trying to learn a new dance move and then rewarding herself with freshly baked goods!