Mediation, arbitration, private judges, collaborative law: these are a core part of the services we offer. By using an alternative to court-led litigation, a whole variety of clients have been able to successfully, speedily and cost-effectively resolve their issues. We have recently:
- Mediated in complex financial cases involving family businesses, pensions and multiple jurisdictions.
- Used arbitration to decide both discrete disagreements and overall financial settlements.
- Helped a couple overcome the impasse reached in their existing legal proceedings (and stem the spiralling legal costs) by mediating a final agreement which met their key aim of minimising disruption to their farming business.
- Successfully mediated an agreement after a long-running divorce where, with one spouse in declining health, it was important to the couple to resolve things quickly and be able to discuss and agree a variety of non-legal issues too.
- Mediated in cases involving disagreements over children, including getting input from the children when they are aged 10 or over.
- Used experienced private family law judges to encourage couples to come to an agreement by giving a preliminary view on what they anticipate the court would order.
But we continue to push boundaries, ensuring we can work with you in whichever way best assists you and your family to achieve your goals. We recently launched our separate well with one lawyer service, offering couples a more co-operative approach to separation and divorce. It enables couples to instruct one lawyer who gives legal advice to both of them – together – and helps them to achieve an agreement. Not only are there potential cost savings but the process is flexible, enables couples to achieve a solution suited to their family’s circumstances and, most importantly, helps to reduce arguments and conflict.