Personal data as it relates to legal work we have undertaken for you
Expected retention period of 10 years after matter is closed unless specified for a particular work type below:
- Family work : expected retention for18 years
- Trust work: expected retention for 5 years after the last disbursement if duration known. If duration is not known, expected to be retained indefinitely as instructed by the client
- Pensions advice: expected retention for 16 years
- Wills, probate & deeds: expected to be retained indefinitely as instructed by the client
- For clients or persons who benefit from legal services who are minors: expected retention period for 7 years after the minor reaches 18
- For clients or persons benefit from legal services who are under a disability: expected retention for 16 years
Personal data of our clients and potential clients required to fulfil regulatory requirements to check our ability to act for a client
Expected retention period of 16 years after last matter closed is closed for a client. As a firm regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, we are obliged to identify any conflicts (either between ourselves and current clients or between our clients).
Personal data of our clients and others required to fulfil legal and regulatory obligations in respect of detecting fraud or money laundering
Expected retention period of 5 years after the last matter is closed for that client. Records falling within regulation 40(2) of the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, will be retained only for the period permitted by regulation 40.