What can Jacob do for you?
Jacob specialises in commercial and insolvency litigation, advising on high-value contractual and breach of warranty claims and shareholder disputes. He also acts for insolvency officeholders and specialist litigation funders in bringing breach of duty claims, transaction avoidance and complex asset recovery proceedings.
Jacob is a member of the firm's sports sector team. He has recently acted for a number of high profile sports clients, including a top-tier overseas football club and a global boxing promoter.
Supporting your ambitions
Recent highlights for Jacob include:
- Appearing before the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland, acting for a top-tier overseas football club in a dispute involving the administration of a Championship football club.
- Acting for a sports client in relation to a Worldwide Freezing Order.
- Acting for the Defendant in a £multi-million breach of warranty claim following the sale of a group of manufacturing companies.
- Acting for a shareholder in bringing unfair prejudice proceedings involving a group of businesses valued in excess of £10m.
- Acting for a specialist litigation funder in wrongful trading and other insolvency claims, valued in excess of £1m.
- Acting for Trustees in Bankruptcy in bringing successful claims against associates of the bankrupt, involving fraud.
- Acting for Defendants to a springboard injunction and alleged use of confidential information.
- Acting in a number of reported insolvency cases which have set down important legal precedent on the interpretation of the Insolvency Act 1986 at appeal level.
What do others say?
Jacob is ranked as an "Associate to Watch" by Chambers & Partners, and a "Rising Star" by Legal 500.
"Jacob Walker is a future star in insolvency and CDR. He has a calm manner, an excellent drafting style and over-delivers on his commitments" - Legal 500 2024
"Jacob has an air of quiet confidence and has been on top of a great many complex issues." - Chambers & Partners 2023
"He is excellent in all aspects of knowledge and work." - Chambers & Partners 2023