We have a track record of advising on major and innovative schemes. Our cross-sector team offer market leading expertise in all key areas of the IRC market including M&A and corporate work, portfolio management, real estate investment, development, planning, tax, affordable housing, construction, energy (including renewables), environmental, regulatory, health and safety, employment, and real estate litigation.
Some of our experience:
- Advised Retirement Villages in relation to advanced decision-making and future planning. This enables individuals to express their views and wishes about their future care and/or treatment, either directly, or through an appointed intermediary.
- Advising one of the largest UK pension fund investors in the IRC market on the acquisition of new sites across England from pre-acquisition due diligence/viability studies through to conditional purchase.
- Advising on site set up and leasing structures in relation to IRCs for a new and emerging village provider.
- Acting for Anchor Limited on its expansion into the IRC and retirement care sector with the purchase of sites pursuant to options and conditional contracts. The site set up and onward disposal of apartments was also undertaken.
- Advising US real estate investment trust, Ventas, on their acquisition of healthcare property interests in the UK.
- Acting on landowners entering into s106 agreements to release planning consent for retirement villages.