We work with some of the most important and valuable cases in women's sport including:
- Eni Aluko in her action for bullying and racism against the FA and the former England women’s head coach
- Steph Houghton and Lucy Bronze on all their personal endorsement deals
- The England Lionesses in the negotiation of their central contracts
- Advising on the negotiation of the standard terms of the Women’s Super League playing contract
- Establishing an independent tribunal to hear the final stage appeals of female athletes regarding an Olympic selection dispute
We have niche expertise in reputational management and have advised household named national and international female players on a range of reputational issues. Matters include defamation, privacy and press disputes involving the top media organisations. We have also implemented protective strategies because of iCloud hacking and personal sensitive data breaches.
We are founding members of Women in Sports Law, a not-for-profit organisation which provides opportunities for female sports lawyers. Carol Couse and the team regularly speak on issues affecting women in sport.
Our national sports team is led by Mark Hovell who is widely recognised (including in Who's Who Legal) as one of the leading sports lawyers and arbitrators in the world.