Our patent experience ranges from licensing deals to litigation to working with businesses to identify the best protection available for the technology they are developing (and, not being patent attorneys, we don't have a vested interest in the decision to patent or not).
Recent examples of our work include:
- Devising a patent strategy for a developer of a novel construction of tourist attraction and the potential benefits in an overseas procurement process. We identified and worked with the right patent attorney, and liaised with the patent attorneys and inventors to get applications filed.
- Advising a leading university on its complex licensing transactions with a large US crop science company.
- Intervening in Supreme Court proceedings concerning the infringement test for second medical use patents.
- Representing an offshore engineering company in High Court infringement proceedings against a Norwegian competitor.
- Conducting prior art searches for a multinational client threatened with infringement proceedings in relation to a heavy engineering application. We identified prior art missed by the client's previous advisers and working with the client to devise a strategy to use that material in negotiations with the potential claimant.