What can Alison do for you?
Alison advises on:
- data protection issues, including data security breaches and compliance with data subject access requests;
- freedom of information and environmental information law;
- litigation and threatened litigation, particularly for breach of contract, negligence and discrimination, victimisation and harassment;
- public law and governance issues, including judicial reviews;
- student grievance, disciplinary and safeguarding issues; and
- Tier 4 student immigration.
Supporting your ambitions
Alison advised a large commercial organisation which was threatened, under the information law regime, with the disclosure of a significant commercial contract it had entered into with a public authority. The contract contained sensitive commercial information and the client had serious concerns about its disclosure to the public. Channelling her information law knowledge and experience of dealing with the Information Commissioner, including before the First-Tier Tribunal, Alison successfully persuaded the Information Commissioner that the client's commercial information should be withheld from disclosure. Through working together with the client, Alison ensured the goal of protecting crucial commercial information was achieved.
What do others say?
After helping a client to avoid costly and protracted litigation, Alison was delighted to receive the following client feedback: "Your sage advice, calm support and clear intellect have helped navigate a very tricky and difficult process reach a successful conclusion. It has been a pleasure and I will never forget your superb professionalism".
What else should you know?
After spending five years working in the firm's Cambridge office, Alison relocated to our London office in November 2018, swapping views of Cambridge's Botanic Gardens for London's iconic Tower Bridge. Alison works closely with London-based Principal Associate Kate Allan, formerly Head of Legal at Kingston University, as well as with lawyers in our Cambridge, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Norwich offices.