What can Christopher do for you?
Christopher advises clients on complex issues of property law, whether in the context of a dispute or strategic advice.
He has expertise in a wide range of property matters, including landlord and tenant (commercial and residential), nuisance claims, restrictive covenants, easements, possession, trespass and claims under the Telecommunications Code. Christopher also appears as an advocate in court.
Supporting my clients' ambitions
Christopher has helped clients in a wide range of circumstances, including:
- Acting for a multi-national supermarket chain opposing a lease renewal under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 – ground (f), redevelopment.
- Securing a prescriptive right of way by court judgment for a beekeeper to access his beehives.
- Applications to the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) to modify restrictive covenants to allow residential development.
- Acting for a global car manufacturer in connection with trespassers at one of its sites.
- Acting for a university in connection with a multi-million pound service charge dispute with its landlord.
What do others say?
Clients have described Christopher as “very impressive and gave us the best possible chance of success”.
He also leads our real estate litigation team in the West Midlands. Legal 500 quotes the team as having "a breadth of knowledge to fit most scenarios – all in all, it is a very knowledgeable team".
What else should you know?
Christopher is a member of the Property Litigation Association.