Blending these skill bases means we are well equipped to deal with the broad range of legal issues which can confront MGAs and because we understand the specific demands of the insurance industry, the support we provide can be tailored to meet your particular requirements. Our experience includes:
- The acquisition of MGA’s, including due diligence reporting on underwriting authorities and regulatory issues such as the need for FCA approval where there is a change in control of an MGA.
- Disputes with capacity providers where an MGA is accused of breaching its delegated authority agreement.
- Advising MGA’s how to respond to subject access requests under the Data Protection Act. Carrying out compliance audits and implementing policies and procedures to mitigate data protection risks.
- Successfully advising on the procurement and supply of IT solutions and services as part of regulatory compliance and transformation programmes.
- Developing a precedents library of commercial contracts and negotiation playbook, including training for all legal and non-legal contract managers.
- Advising on regulated outsourcing arrangements (both intra-group and with third parties) for IT and business processes.