Our clients include trustees of all sizes of occupational pension schemes, sponsoring employer of occupational pension schemes, and employers participating in non-associated multi-employer pension schemes (such as USS) and public sector pension schemes.
Examples of our recent experience are:
- Helping a large charity change future benefit design to reduce financial risk and to ensure sustainable future pension provision.
- Successfully completing buy-outs of a number of defined benefit schemes.
- Assisting a number of universities and other institutions on strategies relating to LGPS pension provision.
- Successfully defending IDRP and Pensions Ombudsman claims.
- Working collaboratively with other advisers on pension scheme mergers, liability reduction exercises, de-risking exercises and benefit change projects.
- Helping overcome pensions obstacles in significant corporate transactions, which have included through flexible apportionment arrangements, undertaking pension scheme de-mergers and entering into pensions funding agreements and guarantees.
- Helping a number of employers to wind-up their standalone trust based DC arrangements and transfer to a master trust provider.