We advise on disputes with suppliers and/or customers arising out of the product fail particularly the interpretation of breach of warranty and/or batch/population failure clauses and ensuring that suppliers/customers understand their obligation to mitigate their loss and co-operate in any investigation.
Specific experience includes:
- Acting for a multinational company in relation to the recall of defective gas regulators in domestic and commercial gas meters and in the consequential settlement of claims brought by several UK utility companies.
- Acting for a US automotive parts manufacturer in relation to the installation of a defective product in commercial vehicles manufactured in France.
- Acting for a multinational company in relation to the failure of a component associated with the input circuit of a domestic and commercial electricity meter.
- Advising on product liability and interpretation of Food Safety Requirements under Regulation (EU) No 178/2002 to a number of national and international food producers including acting as liaison between clients and trading standard offices and the Food Standards Agency.
- Advising a medical device supplier on their options and potential liability following a US recall notice issued by the manufacturer. Advising on UK reporting requirements and the legality of continuing to trade.