Having family issues? We can help.
Family law has become increasingly complex but, whatever issues you are facing, our team of family solicitors will never lose sight of the fact that every situation is different and that what you need from us is an understanding of your personal concerns and objectives.
Our family and children lawyers are committed to:
- Reducing conflict
- Overcoming difficult challenges
- Resolving issues in a way that best suits you and your family
How can we help you?
Our family solicitors have a wealth of experience dealing with complex family law issues. Our expertise includes advising and representing people on:
- Children law including adoption and child abduction
- Cohabitation including cohabitation agreements and relationship breakdown
- Financial settlements after divorce or separation including businesses, pensions and trusts
- International family law
- Relationship breakdown including divorce, separation and civil partnership dissolution
- Surrogacy and fertility law
- Wealth protection and pre-nups
Please note, we do not offer legal aid (also known as Public Funding). If you have a legal aid enquiry, please visit Resolution’s website to find out more.
How it works
Contact our family law team by filling in our ‘contact us’ form. A member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.
Why Mills & Reeve?
Mills & Reeve is consistently top-ranked in the legal directories with individual accolades for many of our lawyers.
Our family and children lawyers are known locally, nationally and internationally for their expertise. We've been involved in ground-breaking cases where established legal principles have been challenged. You can be completely confident about and rely on our knowledge of family law and our ability to advise you.
We are a national law firm and our team of family law experts can be easily accessible to you. With offices across England, our local family law teams in Birmingham, Cambridge, Leeds, London, Manchester, Norwich and Oxford can help you wherever you are and whatever issues you are facing.
What sets us apart is our approach: the way we listen to and work with you to find the best way forward. We recognise that there’s nearly always a wider picture.
That’s why all of our family lawyers are members of the national family justice organisation, Resolution, which promotes a constructive and cost-effective approach to family law issues. That’s why we have experts qualified and able to act as mediators, collaborative practitioners, arbitrators and parenting coordinators. It is this experience and approach that makes us stand out from the crowd.
We have experience working with people from a wide range of backgrounds including:
- Business owners, entrepreneurs and their partners
- International families
- Professional and family trustees
- Farming families
- Sports people
- People with a high profile in the entertainment industry and their partners
- Medical professionals
- Senior management and other professionals and their partners